Friday, March 14, 2008

Update - RE: Eyeshield 21

Alright, I wanted to kinda give you guys an update on the status of things.. because in my last post, I said we'd start releasing each week.. and here we are.. having not accomplished that.

First, let me apologize. It's my fault. I have a lot of health issues and stuff and my grandmother was just diagnosed with breast cancer.. so I've been having to see both her oncologist and my oncologist.. on top of a bunch of other medical appointments and treatments and the like.. so I kinda got worn out and the like.

As well, I wanted to make our releases the best they could be, so I contacted some friends of mine about the best way to do that.. it required a bit of work from both Nanashi and myself.. but we've finally got everything in order. We just kept missing each other online, in order to discuss the best way to move forward on these things.

That all being said, 88 is about 85% done, only the afx and some other minor changes are left. So we should be releasing it to ya'll for super enjoyment, tomorrow sometime.

I'm really sorry for the hold up.. this isn't the only project that I have, that's been held up due to my illness.

Also, if any of you out there know how to time.. even if yr horrible at it.. and you'd like to do some pre-timing for me (thus, helping get the episode out faster) Drop me a line. All this would involve, is you doing a basic timing of the speech only.. and as I said, it doesn't even have to be good timing.. you don't have to do a second sweep or anything.. I just need it timed close enough to where they're talking, so that I can fine/scene time it and get it ready for release. You have to have knowledge of aegisub or sabbu.. I can't teach you how to use the programs.. that would only make it that much longer between releases if I have to teach someone.. sorry. Drop me an email at: leha[at]otakara-island.com and tell me a little about your experience with timing and the like.. and hopefully we can move forward with getting things out at a faster pace. ^_^

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear man. Hope both you and your grandmother get well soon.

Unknown said...

Hey man, it's alright, take it easy =] Health and family's much more important =].
Take good care of yourself, and hope everything will be alright with grandma =]!
Thanks a lot!

bigddan11 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flavio said...

Hope you and your grandmother get better soon. I can´t help you with subs, but take your time. Health comes first.

bigddan11 said...

I deleted my comment because it appeared twice when I checked, but then it said it was only on there once. Anyway, I just wanted you to know get healthy, and I hope all goes well with family matters Don't worry about hurrying the episode out unless it is as good as the others. We'd rather have a good episode than send yo into a reprise because of hurrying.

°KEI° said...

I sent you an e-mail about timing...
Looking forward for next episode ^ ^

Leha said...

Thanks everyone.. I appreciate yr well wishes and thoughts.

To top things off.. my 15yr old was almost arrested on Friday.. so I had to drive all the way to where she lives and bring her home to my house.

>_< ... Life just keeps getting more and more interesting.

Unknown said...

hope you get well soon man and sorry to hear about your grandmother and i wish the best of health to her too.

sheerblade said...

I hope your grandmother gets well... and for future aid.. 

http://tiny.cc/3Yj38 = Magnum

http://tiny.cc/UukUx = Derringer

in no way shape or form does the word "magunamu" translate into derringer. I know you're doing these fansubs for free and for the people but I don't believe that it gives you creative license to change the authors works. Like the Idiots in rasengan that changed smart to fashionable.

Leha said...

My computer died... completely. I've been in and out of the hospital..not only for myself, but for my daughter and my grandmother.. I can't even get to the translations and timed files. The people who offered to help with the pre-timing, I've been able to let know.. but I wanted to let the rest of you that are twiddling yr thumbs, know. As soon as I'm able to rebuild it, there should be an influx.. I hope.. god.. I feel like such a piece of shit.. I'm really sorry everyone.

G N. said...

Hey there's a lot o time, first comes the health and then the anime so take your time and dont worry, we can wait.

Mike said...

I just want to say thankx for the great work, i am from Brazil and we don't have a fansub doing eyeshield.

Keep going! Thankx a lot!

Fabio_Cloud05 said...

may ur grandma recovers and u urself mus take care as well..about the releases..jus take ur time..dun push it too hard...thnx for ur great work

zouave said...

lol man dont worry too much abt releases no1 out there has subbed ep 86-108 or so in good quality so take ur time man and get well ^^ well thanks for your work :D